We Build It*
*Missing Link Cabins and Cottages not only design and supply the building for you, but also manage the building process through our selected builders who are accredited & HIA Member’s. You deal directly with us and we work with the builders from start to lock-up (or further if requested!).
1. Liaise and consult with us to establish you requirements and preferences.
2. Site visit. We come to the site where you wish to erect the building to discuss the most suitable location and orientation of building, and ensure your building complies with the local councils planning scheme, and therefore is permitted to be built.
3. Further consultation to finalise design details.
4. Plans are produced to your desired configuration (i.e. mirror reverse).
5. Quotation, customized to your requirements and preferences.
6. On acceptance of the quotation, the Sale Contract is signed and we require a small deposit of 5% of the total cost of the building to cover many things including specific documentation, incorporation of changes etc. This deposit is incorporated into the overall quote.
7. Site classification and geotech assessment of wastewater disposal is made. This fee is payable by you, however this step is not required if your building is to be used solely as a studio or workshop (Building classification class 10).
8. Submission of preliminary documentation to council for planning approval. This fee is payable by you.
9. Planning approval obtained from council.
10. Plans are checked & signed off by engineer. This cost is paid for by Missing Link Cabins and Cottages.
11. Obtain certificate of likely compliance from building surveyor. This fee is payable by you.
12. Submission of plans to council for building approval. This fee is payable by you.
13. Council approves plans (any issues raised by council are resolved).
14. Council issues building & plumbing permits.
15. All permits and certificates have now been obtained, and 35% of the total cost of the building is paid to begin manufacturing & site preparation processes (if applicable).
16. Builders are given the ‘go ahead’ to begin site preparation.
17. Footings are installed by the build team ready for building erection (this task is not included in the lock-up prices as footing systems vary depending on the site, please talk to us regarding this component).
18. All components are checked prior to delivery.
19. Another payment of 50% is made prior to delivery of building to site.
20. Building & components are transported to site and builder notified.
21. The build team erect building to lock-up stage.
22. The building is inspected by the building surveyor at this point, to ensure compliance with the Building Code Of Australia. This fee is payable you.
23. Missing Link Cabins and Cottages have now delivered everything as quoted and agreed to.
24. The final remaining payment of 10% is made.
We can assist you with information regarding the additional requirements you must meet (i.e. insulation, plumbing etc) prior to occupancy of the building.